Who knew playing SCRABBLE could lead to something like this?!?
Nearly four years after he was convicted of seven counts of Internet luring, a Winnipeg man's online activities have landed him back in court.
James Glenn Horeczy admitted he made sexually suggestive comments to a woman he believed to be 15 years old while visiting a Scrabble chat room.
Horeczy, 47, told court Tuesday he wasn't the only one chatting about more than triple word scores.
"Although my main intention was to play Scrabble, I did get caught up in the sexual talk," Horeczy said. "I should have realized how risky this was for me."
Horeczy pleaded guilty to two counts of breaching a probation order that he not visit Internet chat rooms.
Maybe it was this guy.
For those of you who don't know already, the Internet Luring Law states:
- An actor commits internet luring of a child if the actor knowingly communicates a statement over a computer or computer network to a person who the actor knows or believes is under fifteen years of age, describing explicit sexual conduct as defined in section 18-6-403(2)(e), and, in connection with the communication, makes a statement persuading or inviting the person to meet the actor for any purpose, and the actor is more than four years older than the person or than the age the actor believes the person to be.
- It shall not be a defense to this section that a meeting did not occur.
- Internet luring of a child is a class 5 felony; except that luring of a child is a class 4 felony if committed with the intent to meet for the purpose of engaging in sexual exploitation as defined in section 18-6-404 or sexual contact as defined in 18-3-401.
- For the purposes of this section, "in connection with" means communications that further, advance, promote, or have a continuity of purpose and may occur before, during, or after the invitation to meet.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades