OOPHYTE 65 points (15 points without the bingo)
Definition: a stage of development in certain plants [n]
More specifically, in botany, the gametophyte in mosses, liverworts, and ferns, resulting from the development of a fertilized egg. The word comes from its grand division, Oophyta (not a Scrabble word) and literally means "egg-plants", which refers to the character of the female reproductive system in the plants, which slightly resembles the ovum in animals.
Inflections: OOPHYTES [pl.] OOPHYTIC [adj.]
Photo by brewbooks
Photo by flickrPrince
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades