EURYOKY 67 points (17 points without the bingo)
Definition: the ability of an organism to live under variable conditions [n]
To be more specific, the term euryoky (or euroky) is applied to species with relatively broad ranges of tolerance to a number of environmental factors. Eurokous species are often widely distributed and occur in many different kinds of habitats, as in primates. The opposite of euryokous species is stenokous, which have narrow tolerance limits for many environmental factors.
Inflections: EURYOKIES [pl.]
Also: EUROKY [n] EUROKIES [pl.] EUROKOUS [adj.]
Rainbow trout Photo by Mid-Atlantic Stocking
Senegal Bushbabies Photo by Afarensis
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades