The 2010 National SCRABBLE Championship is almost here. Only a few days left now. And one resident from Mount Pleasant, South Carolina is ready to go.
Nathan James is only 1 of 3 South Carolina residents to qualify and register for the 2010 NSC. He is ranked 297th in the United States, with a rating of 1,626, which falls into Division 2. He will be competing against 87 other players for the $3,000 Division 2 prize (Division 1 is vying for $10,000).
What's surprising (or maybe not surprising) is that he's 21 years old and still living at home with mom. He also devotes around 6 or 7 hours (!) to studying SCRABBLE word lists each day.
"If I were to do it 10 hours per day my brain would just die," he said.
Now, I love SCRABBLE, but don't you think that this "brainiac" should put his smarts to getting a good job and finally leaving the homestead? He can't live with mommy forever.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades