A recent study in Canada concluded that competitive Scrabble players are twenty percent faster than non-Scrabble players at identifying real words on a Scrabble rack. In light of this news, this week's challenge is actually just a game of Scrabble Sprint from Pogo.com.
See how fast you are at identifying real words, and try to get rid of all 64 letters before the timer runs out. Scoring is just like in a normal game of Scrabble, where you earn the point value of each letter tile played, as well as the premium square multipliers. Scoring points also adds a little time to your game, making it possible to use up all of the letters—if you're fast enough.
And here is the answer to Scrabble Challenge #3:
- CLAYMORE was the triple-triple used in the game, but you could also use SYCAMORE for the same amount of points.
- There are also more high-scoring options on the board than just those triple-triples. You can also place COMETARY, CREAMERY, CYMBALER and CREAMILY for regular bingo plays, and you can also throw down CLAYMORE and SYCAMORE elsewhere on the board (though I don't know why you'd want to).
- If you're playing with Collins Scrabble Words (instead of TWL), you could also play CRAMESY, CAMEIRY and REMANENCY as bingos.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades