Forum Thread: Some two letter words missed out of Collins 2011 dic?

Why aren't some two letter words (ZA/ZO) in the WESPA Collins Official Scrabble Words Major New Edition third ed 2011? I'm confused!

5 Responses

Really? I don't have a copy of the new Collins Scrabble Words, but I can't see why they would drop ZA or ZO, though I've never really been fond of ZO.

In the Initiation Kit for the Collins Scrabble Words 2012 edition, David Sutton for the WESPA Dictionary Committee does not mention the removal of ZA or ZO. In fact, I don't see any two-letter words removed at all. And I only see one three-letter word gone (YOS).

Also, the NASPA site still lists ZA and ZO as eligible words.

But I can't say for sure, since I don't have the new copy of CSW.

Well-  they definately aren't in there!I wondered if all 2 letter words had been removed and printed seperately, but that isn't the case. There are lots of other 2 letter words listed in there!

Hmm. I hope somebody knows the answer to this. I ordered the new Collins one for myself over a week ago, but I have yet to receive it since it's hard to acquire in the states. I don't even think it shipped yet!

Oh my god... If anybody in the U.S. wants a copy of the new Collins Scrabble Words, do not purchase from Amazon.com.

I ordered mine on August 9th and it still has not shipped. In fact, I just got an email from them saying they were unable to ship the item on time. Now my 'estimated arrival date' is anywhere from September 1st to September 8th. A whole month after I ordered it.

Their reasoning?

"While we do our best to adhere to our delivery estimates, our inventory is constantly changing based on information we receive directly from our suppliers. Occasionally, unexpected fluctuations in supply, delays during shipping, or changes in release dates for new products will add time to our original delivery estimate."

Not cool.

Try finding it elsewhere, or buying it straight from an overseas merchant. It'll probably cost the same. I did find some of the other cheaper places to buy online in the states, but it was hard to tell if it was actually the new version of CSW or not.

Good luck if you're buying it stateside.

Update from the world of Amazon.com:

"We're writing about the order you placed on August 09 2011. Unfortunately, we are unable to ship the item(s) as soon as we expected and need to provide you with a new estimate of when the item(s) may be delivered:

"Collins Official Scrabble Words."
Estimated arrival date: October 05 2011 - November 09 2011"

This is by far the worst experience I've ever had with Amazon. How could something that originally said "in stock" take anywhere from 2 to 3 months to actually ship?

I will be cancelling and forking over an extra 5 or 10 bucks to have it shipped from a place overseas that actually has it.

Ridiculous.

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active