Forum Thread: Scrabble Cubes... No 8-Letter Words

I've been playing Scrabble Cubes on Worldwinner, and I find that I end up losing a bunch of games because I see a huge word like "toothpaste" and try to put it in, just to be stopped -- egh! -- big words not allowed!  WTF?

Like 1 in 3 games I find a word that's longer than 7 letters, and I try it without even thinking about the stupid 7 letter rule, and then I get rejected and waste my time and lose.  Does this bug the sh*t out of anybody else?  Or is it just me?  Is there a version where there is no limit?

1 Response

I play it a little, and yeah, I noticed that.  It's a pain in the ass, especially when you're betting the big bucks.  Wastes times, loses games.  I've also noticed that they say the game follows the tournament word list, yet somehow, it rejects half of my words I know are on the TWL!  It's a fun and great game, but it has its faults, and faults suck when money's at stake!  I wish there were a version with more than 7-letter words, but I don't think there is.

I'm still pissed about Worldwinner not being Mac compatible.  That's why I barely play, cause I don't exactly have a PC.  I've been bugging them for the last 3 years to bring the platform to Mac, but I don't think they care about making more money.  Must be making enough, otherwise they'd have done it already.  It shouldn't be called WorldWinner, because that implies everyone can play... should be called PCWinner or WindowsWinner.

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active