Forum Thread: Hey I Need to Ask a Question. Answer Needed Quick :-)

Quick Answers are appreciated.

So, I have a doubt , can we make words like this?
Lets say there's this word

S
H
E
L
L

And I add

I S
T H
E
L
L

So it would give me both the points of it and is right? And as far as th stands it can be extended to make that or this etc...

I need to know if this is right or wrong

12 Responses

I messed up but the ell are supposed to be below sh , sorry

You can spell IT parallel to SHELL and get points for IT, IS, and TH. However, TH is not a word, so you wouldn't be able to play this move anyway, as you cannot build in more than one direction in each turn.

Am I right in thinking that if I run out of moves and decide to play an anonymous person, that it's possible for that person to have a bingo all ready, by rejecting several games till they get the letters they need in the rack, to make the bingo? Feel sure that this has happened to me, also followed up not much later by another bingo.

Probably in the wrong thread now. I was on a page dealing with cheaters.

I have a question if only half the word is currect would they get those points after challenged or no points?

If the bag is empty and I've used up all my letters but my partner can still make words, is she allowed to keep making words until she can't? The rules say when you use your last tile OR when there are no words left to play. She feels that means if she can still play a word she can keep on going, even though I've used my last tile.

Nope, once you've used all your letters and the bag is empty, the game is over. Technically, after that, she would subtract the leftover points on her rack from her total score and you would add them to your score.

The "no words left to play" part of the rule regards when you both have letters left but there's no spots on the board where either of you can place an acceptable word.

I have a question about scoring words that have alternate spellings. For example, "yug" (an age of time in Hinduism) can also be spelled "yuga." If I put yug on 1 turn, can I get full credit for adding an "a" on a subsequent turn?

When turning YUG into YUGA on a subsequent turn, you get the face value points of all four letters if the A does not fall on a premium square.

If the A lands on a premium letter multiplier, you would adjust A's value by two or three times, then add it to YUG's face value.

And if the A lands on a premium word multiplier, you would adjust the total face value of all four letters by two or three times.

A question about adding a prefix and suffix to a word on a single play:

"Invent" sits on the board with empty spaces before and after. I have "d,e,e, and r" in my tray. Can I add "re" to the beginning and "ed" at the end on a single play? Is that a double move?

That would be considered one play since you're adding to the same word in the same direction. If the D, E, E, and R end up next to other letters on the board spelling additional words, you can points for those words too.

You just can't do something like make RE-invent vertically and then add the D and E to make RED horizontally — that would be more than one move.

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active